You can trust Abington Surgical Center to deliver compassion and a bedside manner that enriches the lives of our patients. Our surgeons and staff partner with you and your family to provide a smooth, caring, surgical experience – one that produces successful results.
To prepare you for your surgery at Abington Surgical Center:
- We gather information from your primary care physician and surgeon to ensure that all necessary medical tests, clearances, and reports are complete before surgery and that everyone understands your medical situation. Please follow all instructions outlined below under “Pre-Surgery Instructions.”
- We help you understand your insurance coverage and financial obligations, if any, so you don’t get unforeseen financial surprises later.
- We make your surgical experience as emotionally comfortable as possible by explaining clearly everything that will take place before, during, and after your surgery.
- We’re with you every step of the way. We’re in this together!
All patients are required to pre-register for their procedure. Please complete this as soon as possible and at the very latest, ONE WEEK before your procedure date. Pre-registration can be completed by clicking the button below. Please have the following information ready as it will be necessary to complete the pre-registration:
- Password for new patient registrations is ASC267NEW
- A list of current medications, over the counter medications, allergies/sensitivities, medical insurance and physician names and phone numbers
- You will be asked for your communication preferences. Please know that e-mail is the preferred method of communication, however, phone communication is perfectly acceptable
Your communication preferences are very important as they determine how you will be contacted the business day prior to your surgery (after 12pm) to confirm your surgery time, arrival time and any other specific pre-op instructions relating to your procedure.
Additional important notes regarding pre-registration
- If your health history requires updating or correcting, please login,make the changes and resubmit. Please call us at 267-960-1413 if you require login information
- If you do not have internet access, we ask that you first attempt to have a family member or friend help you. If you are unable to find other assistance, please call 267-960-1413 to be added to our help list. We will contact you in a timely manner to assist with the pre-registration process.
- If you have technical difficulties, please call Simple Admit Customer Service at 877-848-4726
2. HISTORY AND PHYSICALS
If your procedure requires any anesthesia other than local, state law requires that we have a history and physical (H&P) that is completed within 30 days of your procedure and on file with Abington Surgical Center a week prior to your procedure. Please confirm with your surgeon the best way to complete this. If you are in need of the H&P form, you can find it in the right hand column of this web page (you will likely need to scroll up) under “Forms.”
What to Expect
Click on the links below to find out more about your visit.
Expect to be contacted by an Abington Surgical Center pre-op nurse after 12pm (either by e-mail or phone based upon communication preferences selected during pre-registration) the business day prior to your procedure with instructions regarding fasting and exact time for your arrival all of which are specific to your procedure and physician preferences. Please note that your time may change from the original time you were told due to changes in physicians’ schedules.
A parent or guardian must accompany any child under 18 years of age to Abington Surgical Center. Failure to observe the above requirements may result in cancellation of your operation or procedure.
- Bring your photo ID, insurance card, and any MRI reports to Registration. Please be prepared to pay your applicable co-pay and deductibles.
- Do not smoke.
- Wear loose clothing and low-heeled shoes.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home.
- Please remove all body piercings.
- Do not wear contact lenses. Wear your glasses.
- Dress in the patient gown, bathrobe, cap, and slippers provided in the Preoperative Room.
- Store your clothing in the space provided.
- Have your companion/driver wait in the Reception Lobby. This individual must be available at all times.
- Relax and leave the rest to us!
Call Abington Surgical Center immediately if you are unable to keep your appointment or will be late: 215-443-8505.
Expect a phone call from Abington Surgical Center post- operative nurses to check in with you regarding any issues you may be having after your procedure and if you have a full understanding of the post operative instructions you were given after surgery.