Abington Surgical Center’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- All patients 48 hours prior to their surgical procedure need to have a COVID-19 test performed and the results have to be negative. The surgeon and the surgeon’s office arrange the testing through the Abington Jefferson Health System.
- All patients, staff and surgeons are screened prior to entering the building.
- Social Distancing
- No visitors in the facility
- If the patient is a minor just one parent in the facility
- Reduced surgical scheduling to limit the patients in the pre-operative area and the recovery room area
- All staff, physicians and patients are required to wear a mask at all times in the facility
- The facility is cleaned and disinfected, specifically for COVID-19 daily
- PPE (protective personal equipment) is readily available to insure the safety of our patients and staff