Covid-19 Testing Instructions:
- All patients need to be Covid tested 5 days prior to their surgery
- Please do not call the center to schedule an appointment, if you are a patient, you will receive a text message indicating the date and time that you will need to be here
- We ask that the patients bring their driver’s license and insurance cards with them on the day of their appointment
- Insurance will cover the cost of the test
- The Covid -19 testing site’s address is: 2701 Blair Mill Road Suite 20 Willow Grove, PA 19090
- When the patients arrive for their Covid test, they are instructed to call 267-960-1457 while waiting in their cars until they are told to come in, masks are required to enter the building
- Staff will greet the patients at the door and take their temperatures
- After the test, patients are told to quarantine up until the time of their surgery
Patients that live within the tri-state area – Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware:
- You must come to the Abington Surgical Center for a COVID test 4-5 days before your procedure and then quarantine until the day of your procedure.
- You will receive a text message with the date/time and instructions for the COVID test.
Patients that live outside of the tri-state area – Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware:
- If you are a patient residing outside of the tri-state area, you can get tested locally in your area 5 days before the day of surgery however, you will be responsible to provide a copy of the negative test results to the surgical center before the day of procedure. Please email results to Covid2021@abingtonsurgery.org.
- You will then have a rapid COVID test the day of your procedure.
Abington Surgical Center’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- All patients are screened prior to entering the building.
- The Abington Surgical Center is now allowing the patient’s drivers back into the waiting room area. Please note that only one person will be able to wait in the building and they must be wearing a mask at all times.
- If the patient is a minor, only one parent is allowed in the facility.
- All staff, physicians and patients are required to wear a mask at all times in the facility.
- The facility is cleaned and disinfected, specifically for COVID-19 daily.
- PPE (protective personal equipment) is readily available to ensure the safety of our patients, the drivers and staff.