Covid-19 Testing Instructions:
- All patients need to be Covid tested 5 days prior to their surgery
- Please do not call the center to schedule an appointment, if you are a patient, you will receive a text message indicating the date and time that you will need to be here
- We ask that the patients bring their driver’s license and insurance cards with them on the day of their appointment
- Insurance will cover the cost of the test
- The Covid -19 testing site’s address is: 2701 Blair Mill Road Suite 20 Willow Grove, PA 19090
- When the patients arrive for their Covid test, they are instructed to call 267-960-1457 while waiting in their cars until they are told to come in, masks are required to enter the building
- Staff will greet the patients at the door and take their temperatures
- After the test, patients are told to quarantine up until the time of their surgery
Patients that live within the tri-state area – Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware:
- You must come to the Abington Surgical Center for a COVID test 4-5 days before your procedure and then quarantine until the day of your procedure.
- You will receive a text message with the date/time and instructions for the COVID test.
Patients that live outside of the tri-state area – Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware:
- If you are a patient residing outside of the tri-state area, you can get tested locally in your area 5 days before the day of surgery however, you will be responsible to provide a copy of the negative test results to the surgical center before the day of procedure. Please email results to Covid2021@abingtonsurgery.org.
- You will then have a rapid COVID test the day of your procedure.
Abington Surgical Center’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- All patients, staff and surgeons are screened prior to entering the building.
- Social Distancing
- No visitors in the facility
- If the patient is a minor just one parent in the facility
- Reduced surgical scheduling to limit the patients in the pre-operative area and the recovery room area
- All staff, physicians and patients are required to wear a mask at all times in the facility
- The facility is cleaned and disinfected, specifically for COVID-19 daily
- PPE (protective personal equipment) is readily available to insure the safety of our patients and staff